While it may be a made up holiday (possibly by the evilHallmark Corporation), Pastor Appreciation Month is upon us! It is not too late to show your pastor that you appreciate them this (and every other) month.
What are some ways that you could help your pastor feel appreciated and loved?:
- Prayer. Please pray for your pastor, their family, and your church.
- Participate. Your pastor wants to see your faith grow from attendance to service.
- Original artwork. Have the children’s classes create something to show their love for the pastor and their church. Have everyone write something meaningful in card about the way the pastor helps or inspires them. Write a poem or song about how the pastor helps others.
- A gift card. Do they have a favorite restaurant? Do they buy lots of “tech” gadgets? Do they love coffee? Learn what your pastor’s favorite things are and then treat them.
- Cash. While this is not the only way or even the best way to show appreciation, EVERYONE appreciates extra income.
- Vacation. Maybe just a hotel night for them and their spouse or airfare to a particular destination or even an extra week off to do something that they like.
- Take care of their spouse. If your pastor is like me, the spouse is the one who makes the most sacrifices for the pastor’s ministry in the church. Make sure to reward them.
- Don’t forget the pastor’s children. They often are missing one of their parents at an event or at home during an evening to a Bible study or meeting. Give the children a gift to let them know the church cares or give them the gift of more time with the pastor.
These are just a few ideas of how to make this time special for your pastor. Remember to celebrate your pastor’s achievements and milestones, honor their family, and do it year round.
Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching. – 1 Timothy 5:17 (ESV)