The General Council will be meeting in Daytona Beach, FL this weekend. They will meet Friday, Saturday evening with Conference President Bill Probasco, and Sunday morning with members attending different Florida churches for worship on Sabbath day. Joining them (as a voting member) for this meeting is newly appointed General Council member, Dave Davis. Dave is from the Seattle Area SDB Church and is filling in until Conference after John Pethtel’s resignation to assume the Director of Church Development & Pastoral Services role. Susie Fox will be serving as chair.
Your prayers are coveted as we begin to roll forward in God’s mission for 2015.
This weekend, we will be:
- Discussing interest committee appointments
- Discussing the work of our new Director team and the Councils of the Conference
- Discussing our communication plans for a Vision Map for SDBs
- Reviewing progress on Action Items from the 2014 Conference Sessions
- Hearing updates on membership requests from five churches
- Hearing updates for 2015 General Conference sessions from our Conference President
- Discussing and making plans to evaluate our annual Conference Sessions while hearing updates on locations and plans for current and future Conference Sessions.
- Reviewing the performance of Executive Director Rob Appel
- Praying for our churches, agencies/allied societies, executives and staff
- Discussing many more topics
We are so thankful for the work of our executives, Councils, Allied Societies, and other volunteers! It’s their dedication and diligence that helps SDBs to actively advance God’s Kingdom.
Please lift the travels and meetings in your prayers. It is a joy and honor for the General Council to serve SDBs. If you have anything that you would like the General Council to discuss, pray about, or hear about or if your church would be interested in hosting one of our meetings, please feel free to contact Executive Director Rob Appel.